What is photodynamic therapy?
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is among the most cutting-edge and therapeutic treatments to address infectious diseases along with various forms of tumors. This approach is based on a light-sensitive material being stimulated; it can be applied in forms of a cream or injection into the bloodstream. The light-sensitive agent bonds with affected cells or foreign agents such as bacteria, viruses, or parasites, to which laser light breaks them down through the formation of oxygenic radicals.
Photodynamic therapy employs ultravoilet, green, blue, red, yellow and infrared lasers, each designed to provide distinctive benefits:
- Ultraviolet – Enhances oxygen absorption into targeted tissues while breaking down viral, fungal, or bacterial presence. This laser light improves the body’s detoxification capabilities while improving circulation and hormone production.
- Blue – Enhances strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties within the body while promoting pain relief, wound recovery, and anti-aging effects through activation of telomerase and biogenesis of mitochondria.
- Green – Improves oxygen uptake while decreasing discomfort caused by swelling or inflammation.
- Yellow – Increases production of serotonin and vitamin D, providing antidepressant properties. Additionally, yellow laser lighting provides strong antibacterial properties and promotes metabolic function.
- Red – Provides energizing effects while strengthens immunity, increases cellular activity, promotes healing, and enhances circulation.
- Infrared – Perhaps the deepest penetrative power of the laser spectrum, infrared can promote wound healing, reduces pain and inflammation, elevates circulation, improves mood, enhances metabolic function, and more.
What are some advantages of photodynamic therapy?
One distinctive advantages photodynamic therapy offers is that it only targets the afflicted cells without causing harm to the skin or body itself. Rather than compromising the immune system, this treatment also promotes immune functionality for optimized health and wellness. Photodynamic therapy also offers a non-surgical alternative to helping you take your health to new heights. While antibiotics can only address bacterial infections, PDT can address bacterial, fungi, parasitic, and viral infections.
Photodynamic therapy applications
- Metabolic disorders
- Chronic pain
- Cardiovascular disease
- Stem cell activation
- Inflammation, sprains, strains, fractures, or wounds
- Orthopedic wellness
- Lyme disease
How many photodynamic therapy sessions will I need?
We understand that all of our patients have very distinctive health and wellness concerns they would like to address. During your comprehensive consultation, our specialists will meet with you, discuss any health concerns you may be experiencing, and help you determine if photodynamic therapy may be appropriate for you. From there, we can tailor a treatment plan to help you see the best possible results.
Is photodynamic therapy right for me?
A proper evaluation of your medical history and the severity of your concern will determine your candidacy.
Schedule your initial consultation
Optimal Health and Wellness is proud to offer the latest and greatest therapies in promoting the highest quality of vitality, including photodynamic therapy. Our integrative health center in Pasadena offers a comfortable treatment environment for all our patients. Additionally, our staff strives to provide you with a safe, effective, and fulfilling treatment experience. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation and learn more about this cutting-edge treatment.