Naturopathic Medicine Consultations
The first visit is an opportunity get to know you and assess your health concerns. A detailed history and necessary physical exams will be completed. If there are laboratory tests that may be helpful to understand your condition, they will be decided on as well. Your visit will conclude with recommendations and treatments to start you on your road to health.
The follow-up visit allows for a review of the laboratory results and a creation of a customized treatment plan for your specific needs. Further follow-up visits are used to evaluate your progress and to address further concerns.
For acute visits, we will spend the time to cover your urgent concerns and provide you with treatments that will benefit your condition.
Prolotherapy / PRP Consultations & Treatment
In order to provide you with adequate time for your visit, please download and complete the following forms listed below before your visit.
Vitamin Injections / IV Therapy
Vitamin IV therapies require an initial 15 minute consult to overview history, possible contraindications, and treatment goals. Continuing treatments or existing patients will generally not need consultations for follow up.
Laying the Foundation
What to Expect
Phase 1: Relief Care/ Initial Consultation
- If you are in pain or experiencing symptoms when you come into our office, the first objective is to help you feel better. We will tailor a plan of action to get your way to feeling better and avoid the same problems from happening again. Our goal is to actually listen to what is going on with you now to understand your issue, and learn more about your previous medical history so that we understand your background.
- Your initial consultation may include the following:
- A thorough medical evaluation including taking your vitals and physical evaluation.
- Complete assessment of past and present nutritional and lifestyle habits, current or past injuries. We can take into account any current medications, or treatments from other Doctors.
- Recommendation for a plan of action. Based on your current situation, we can recommend lab work for diagnostic reference. We can provide the best therapies as a course of treatment, and we can send you home with suggestions for a better lifestyle and quality supplements for support.
- Depending on the severity of your problem, we can advise how times per week following your initial visit to come for a follow up. Our friendly staff is available by phone or email for your convenience and support if you have any questions.
Phase 2: Corrective/Restorative Care
During the corrective care phase, your bodies systems are allowed to heal more completely, thereby helping prevent injury, discomfort, and illness. It is typical to follow up once a week to a maybe a couple times a month, depending on your overall health and the severity of your problem. Any injury or illness that is not ruled out in your initial visit can be addressed in your follow up visits, either through further diagnostic testing, or through alternative options for therapy or treatment.
Phase 3: Wellness Care
Once your body has fully healed, it is important to come in for periodic adjustments or follow ups to avoid problems in the future, check your progress, and answer any new questions you may have. Usually, this only requires a quick visit to the doctor, based on your lifestyle and goals.
Your First Visit
Fill out these simple forms before your first visit.
Keep Us Informed
Please fill out the following forms before your office visit. Also please bring with you any labs, medications, and supplements you are currently taking.
Initial Intake Form – Required for all appointments
Symptom Questionnaire Form – Required for Naturopathic and Medical initial consultations
Initial Complaint Form for Chiropractic – Required for Chiropractic initial consultations
Financial Responsibility Acknowledgment – Required for all appointments
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Intake Form – Only for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Next you will have a consultation with your selected doctor or acupuncturist to discuss your health-related problems, concerns, as well as potential treatment options. Your first visit is designed for the provider to learn more about you, your condition and your expectations to determine what standards of care are needed to meet your goals.
After your consultation, your provider will perform a complete examination testing your reflexes, your ability to turn and bend as well as other standard neurological, orthopedic, postural, and physical examinations. Nothing will be done in our office without your consent.
X – Ray Studies
Your specific condition may require us to take x-rays to get a full evaluation of a patient. X-rays help us rule out more serious conditions or assist us in developing the most effective treatment plan for you. Most people are amazed once they see their x-rays and can often immediately identify their mis-alignments and degeneration themselves.
Once all the information and examinations have been performed, your provider will give you a report of findings to answer the three most popular questions:
- Can you help me?
- What do you recommend that I do to get better?
- How much is it going to cost?
After discussing with you your history and your goals, examining your spine and reviewing any x-rays or tests, the provider will discuss recommendations with you. If you have a condition that requires care with additional providers, the doctor will tell you. If your provider believes they can help you, we will recommend treatment and a wellness program.
Patients will generally be provided with their first treatment at the conclusion of the appointment. This may include spinal adjustments, physical therapies, nutraceuticals, vitamins, herbs, amino acids, prescribption medications and/or soft tissue therapies. Treatment is interactive with you so you can express any concerns you have about the providers recommendations.
Prior to leaving, patients will be instructed on a wellness program to be conducted at home. If you are in pain when you first come into our office this may include ice or heat application instructions, avoidance of certain activities or positions, as well as home exercises and/or stretches. If you desire an overall wellness lifestyle, our wellness team will work with you to create good habits and routines that support your success. Everybody is unique and different and therefore everyone requires a unique and customized wellness plan. The foundation of our overall wellness lifestyle is maintaining healthy posture and good spinal alignment, eating a healthy diet, taking supplements, keeping your weight under control and practicing stress relief.