Dr. Eric Wong is a dual licensed Chiropractor and Acupuncturist in California. He received his Bachelor of Science degree In Kinesiology with an emphasis in physical therapy from San Diego State University, San Diego, CA. He then went on to study and graduate with a dual-degree in Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) and Master in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (M.A.O.M.) from Southern California University of Health Sciences, Whittier, CA.
Dr. Wong grew up with a family of Traditional Chinese Medicine doctors in Hong Kong, where he learned to use Chinese medicine for disease prevention as well as treatment since he was a child. He was first taught acupuncture points by his grandparents when he was 12 years old and later basic soft-tissue manipulation by his uncle. He was always fascinated how the meridians can unblock the flow of the Qi to correct a myriad of different ailments.
Chinese medicine not only is a natural way to treat illness, it is also very effective in preventing disease to improve a person’s well-being. “The superior doctor prevents sickness; the mediocre doctor attends to impending sickness; the inferior doctor treats actual sickness.” Chiropractic is also a field of medicine specialized in illness prevention, by understanding the intricate relationship of spine, nerves and body, manipulation of spine can help maintain the optimal function of the body, thus protect a person from diseases.
With a strong background in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Dr. Wong is especially skilled in combined treatment of acupuncture and chiropractic for pain management. A combo treatment regimen is proved to be very effective towards a variety of ailments by anecdotal evidences. Furthermore, he also has a deep interest in facial acupuncture for wrinkles and fine lines reduction, prenatal care with TCM and kinesiotaping for sport-related injury.
He is currently a member of California Chiropractic Association (CCA), Sacro Occipital Technique Organization ( http://www.sotousa.com/wp/), International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (http://icpa4kids.org), Kinesio Taping Association International (http://kinesiotaping.com).
Post-Graduate Certifications and Training:
- Clinical training in acupuncture and oriental medicine at the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taiwan (2013-2014).
- Certificate to practice Cosmetic Acupuncture: Mei ZenTM Face, Neck, and Abdominal Protocols.
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Clean Needle Technique Certification.
- Certificate to practice Physiotherapy – National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE).
- Certified Kinesiotaping practitioner.
- Certificate of Proficiency in the Webster Technique – International Chiropractic Pediatric Association.
- Certificate of Completion in Total Body Modification, Modules 1-2. Total Body Modification.
- Certificate to QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Program.
Dr. Eric Wong is available to see patients at the Monterey Park office location. To schedule an appointment please call (626) 551-5155.